The Great Bike Ride

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Let the training begin...

True to my word, now that I'm back and located in one place for longer than a couple of days, my training has begun in earnest!


I spent part of the long weekend getting back into my riding - making my way from Melbourne to Frankston... and back again on Sunday. A grand total of 85km, only about 20km short of the average daily distance I'll be covering in Iowa. Which is a good thing - it was a tough 85km and it took me a couple of days to recover!

But I have quite a few more rides planned so I'm confident that it will get easier. This is just the beginning - by the time I get to the States I'll be doing double the distance with ease (I hope!). Of course the odd massage to aid my recovery can only help (mandatory, in fact - I'm treating myself to one today!).

For those of you bike enthusiasts out there, just thought I'd let you know that my vehicle of choice is a 2009 Time. Although I'm eyeing off the 2010 model at the moment - very sharp!

I am also delighted to let you know that my tally so far stands at over $25,000. Thanks to all of you for your support... emotional, physical and financial!

No comments:

Post a Comment